Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Coffee...

I very rarely drink coffee....and today I have had a rather strong one for the second day in a row.
I have been on a rollercoaster of manic highs with nervous energy and aggression and depressive lows with lethargy and exhaustion...
I can see the appeal – I feel like I can take on the world when the high hits. I can zoom through all of my work and be as sharp as a tack, on the ball and very, very motivated.  However, as a diabetic, the crazy blood sugar level swings will end up killing me! Bottom line, I ought to continue saving coffee for special occasions – my liver will thank me JJ
This experience gives me a brilliant insight into the damage caused by this innocent beverage to people’s bodies and minds. As my liver is fairly overloaded, I imagine that my reaction in amplified compared to most. I still believe though that regular consumption of coffee alters hormones and other bodily functions in a very negative way.

No comments:

Post a Comment